Thursday, August 7, 2008

I can count down using my fingers and toes.

11 days...! Holy stink (I've never said that before, but it just came to me. It seemed to fit. Don't look for any hidden meaning. There isn't.)!! One more day and I'll only need my fingers OR toes to count down the days.

I taught tonight on John 4:1-26. It's the story of Jesus and the woman at the well. My two points: See everyone as someone for whom Christ died, and capture every conversation for Christ. I think it went well, and I'll be going through some more evaluation tomorrow. One of the leaders told me he really liked it, and he thinks I'm getting better with every message I give, and he always likes my messages. God definitely knows when I need encouragement, and He always delivers.

I got to go to lunch with Jesse today (going to be a sophomore), and through this I got to share something I like a lot that he had never experienced - sushi and maki rolls. Heck yeah! First sushi of the summer, and I got to share it with a friend who had never had it before. We got spicy tuna rolls, eel rolls (because I wanted to kick his butt the first time), and a assortment of pack of sushi - tuna, salmon, whitefish, shrimp, eel, and a couple other ones I don't remember. We then finished our meal with a desert of tapioca pearl smoothies. I got mango, and he got honeydew, very awesome indeed. He liked it, and we have another sushi lunch planned for Saturday afternoon. Good deal.

Now, there are 11 days left. What's going to happen? Well, I'll be reading (mostly "Courageous Leadership"). I'm planning a two night trip to my good friend Matt D's place down in Peoria, and I will be trying to spend a lot of time with students. Also, I will probably going to the 101 discipleship class at church.

Then, I'm back to school on the 18th for Sigma Phi and freshman orientation, and then I will hopefully be able to go on the Indiana Dunes camping over nighter with the youth group. If I can't, well, there will be more awesome events I will be able to go to, and if I can, it'll be flippin' sweet.

For those of you that have prayed for me this summer, I am incredibly grateful. I don't even want to think of what the summer would have been like without your prayers behind it. I ask that you not stop but continue to pray for me and the ministry here as it closes out for the summer and I begin my junior year of college.

Also, if you haven't, read "TrueFaced" by Bill Thrall and Bruce McNichol. It's incredible, and I hightly recommend it.

No comments: