Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One week to go...

Only one more week until we're at our first camp training and on to our first camp with Bohumilice. Here's what we need prayer for:

Bonnie, Kevin, and I are the "storytellers" for the week, which means we will be telling the story of God - beginning to end and leading live dialogs with groups of about 20 and then splitting into smaller groups. Pray that we will be intentional in preparation - reading through the story, practicing reading it aloud, wisdom when leading the live discussions, etc.

Our final youth group visit is this weekend. We are going to Tabor. I will be teaching Friday in the youth group. Please pray that I would prepare and teach the lesson God wants me to teach and not what I merely want or am comfortable doing - God-prepped and not man-prepped.

Continual unity and growth as a team...we are all still very different and learning a lot about each other.

What is great is that we just got back from a two night retreat to this great cottage/house out in the woods with its own pond. It was incredibly relaxing and fruitful - got a lot done. I was able to read over half of Ender's Game. It was great. Couple movies, good food, ice cream with egg liquor poured over it (It's quite good.).


Yes, our room did have a hammock.

And Cory got some more great pictures of the scenery and the castle we got to visit. Enjoy!

2 comments:

tim said...

Jon, I keep getting this feeling that you belong where you are.

I know those are pretty weighty words for me to throw around so easily, but I'm doing it anyway. At least for this summer, I know God has you exactly where He wants you.

bleedingdaughter said...

awesome! a hammock! so, the "God story." isnt that all of history? do you feel overwhelmed? [im kidding. i know its a bad joke, cuz you probably do feel a tad overwhelmed.]
thank you for doing what youre doing.