Thursday, October 14, 2010

What's a coming: life, ministry, and prayer

So, what's coming up for the rest of the month?

- I am teaching this Friday (tomorrow) at the youth group out of Mark 1.  I am really looking forward to it.  Pray for my preparation - that I would be disciplined, diligent, and responsible in my handling of God's word - and the people who hear it - repentance, salvation, to leave with a Great Commission mindset, to be reminded of who Jesus is and what He has done for them - and the illustration I'm working on - clear, helpful, God-honoring, that it would help them remember - and that I would be filled with the Holy Spirit - that I would led and directed by Him and be humble before Him.  I desire that God be working through me as His instrument and not in spite of me due to folly or laziness.  I am so thankful that He is always working either way, being the strength in my weakness(es) and overcoming my weakness(es) for His kingdom and glory (John 5:17; 2 Timothy 2:11-13).

- I travel an hour south to České Budějovice this weekend to visit students from Strakonice camp this summer.  It will be our first time hanging out since camp, and it will be my first time back in CB since March, 2008.  It was the first Czech city we went to and where I gave my first message in the Czech.  Good times.  I am hoping for refreshing times of community and fellowship as well as discipleship and mutual encouragement and spurring to take place (Matthew 28:16-20; Romans 1:12; Hebrews 10:24-25).

- I have gotten connected to a local junior high school to come in and help teach some English classes.  I am thankful for this opportunity to meet students.  I am also seeking to discern whether this is an area of calling and fruitfulness God has for me or if it is only opportunity and busy-ness.  It is an opportunity for service and connection and relationships, but Jesus knew His call and walked away from these opportunities at times as well to pursue what His calling was (Luke 4:38-44).  Please pray for wisdom and discernment as I pursue faithfulness, calling, and fruitfulness these last two months and not merely potential and busy-ness.

- Most/Maybe all the JV missionaries in Czech will be coming to Tabor next weekend.  It is a time to see Greg's ministry and spend some time together in community and pray for him and each other.  It will be great to see them all again.  Please pray John 17:20-21 and Romans 1:12 and Hebrews 10:24-25 over us.

- I will be traveling to Vsetin again (Southern Moravia - southeast Czech) for a youth conference (www.multicamp.cz) of about 200 students to help with English teaching out there.  My connection with this conference is the Zlin youth group from our second camp in the summer.  I found out four other Americans are coming out to help as well as a short-term mission trip.  I am hoping and praying for gospel proclamation opportunities, discipleship, and a deepening of relationships with students and leaders during this time.

- Still trying to learn the language.  It's hard, but I'm getting better one step at a time.  Please pray that I would have energy and motivation and discipline to continue to study and practice and really learn Czech, the heart language of over 10 million people, about 99% of which (9,900,000 people) still need to hear the gospel and repent of sin and believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

- There are some stories I could tell.  If you want to hear some of the stories of specific interactions and relationships, just ask.  You can ask via comment, Facebook, or email.  I am more than happy to share with you how God is moving in this country and in and through me.
“Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way, the voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight’” (Mark 1:2-3).
May we go and do likewise.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Go beat that Czech language ninja! :)