Monday, July 13, 2009

End of the first and on to the second

Camp 1 is officially over. Nine days sure flew by. So much happened. God stirred people's hearts. We have a new sister in Christ, and I believe we have more brothers and sisters on the way.

Where to start? Where to end?

God moved throughout the whole week, and His Spirit was definitely present. I saw God use Josh and Emily to pour into Adela's life, and God drew her to Himself, and we have a new sister named Adela. It's hard to imagine last Thursday, no sister, and Friday, new sister. I look forward to hearing and possibly seeing God mature her and lead her into truth and holiness.

Nina...so much I could say, and so much more I hope to be able to in the future. On day 2 of small group discussions, I let the students know we had Bibles for them if they wanted to read more of the stories, and she looked at me and said, "I think it's too soon." She then came up to me afterward and told me she was an atheist and only saw the stories as a fairytale, and today she is a young woman who believes in God and wants to be a Christian but is afraid of what it will mean for her life, how it will affect certain relationships...Jesus Christ rose in victory over Satan, sin, and death. He rose in victory over her fear, and because of this, there are no lost causes with Christ. She is a friend that I love as a brother, and a friend I hope and pray to one day call sister.

I also saw the first seeds of the gospel planed in many lives, and we have the greatest gardener, God Himself. God may and does bring us into the planting and watering, but He causes the growth, and I also am incredibly excited in anticipation as I look forward to the stories of many students who left camp not believing but will find themselves inexplicably drawn to the Father by His grace through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I also prayed for God to raise up Moseses, Elijahs and Elishas, Peters and Pauls, from this camp, and I believe He will. I watch in prayer and hope for the day when God makes this a reality. Amen.

This is my greatest desire for these students -- that they would know God's personal love for them and love Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. Can there be a greater desire for anyone?

So...what to pray for...

1. "After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go. And he said to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest" (Luke 10:1-2). Please pray for more laborers. That God would surround these students with Christians wherever they are. That they would not be able to escape the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2. I am looking for a woman, young or old, mom or daughter, any sister in Christ that wants to commit to praying for Nina. That God would send Christians into her life. That God would protect her from the birds of Satan, the stones of persecution, and the thorns of this life. That she would believe on Christ for salvation and begin to grow in Him. I can keep you updated on what she needs prayer for and hopefully connect you to her on Facebook or something like that. She needs prayer and more laborers for the gospel. With all that said, in the end, she needs Jesus Christ and to surrender herself to Him.

3. Pray that we would get rest. Camp 2 training starts tomorrow and camp 2 starts Saturday.

4. Pray that God would continue to stir passion within us for the students.

5. That God would protect our unity. There will be three teams at this next camp - intern team (us), Czech team (Tabor youth leaders), and American team (Good Shepherd Church from Oregon). Jesus tells us that they will know we are followers of the living God by our love for one another.

Picture coming soon and all that good stuff. Thank you for your continued prayer support. I don't know what this summer would be like without it, and I'm glad I never will. Thank you and God bless!

No comments: