Friday, July 17, 2009

Round 2 begins

We just finished training for our second camp, and it has been so refreshing. The team from Oregon is great, and I love spending time with them. The leaders from Tabor are geared up too, and it is incredible to be ministering alongside them at this time.

There are many things I would like to write, but I will write them later, like how English is a gift, it really is. For now, I want to give you a few updates and prayer needs:

1. God has been answering the prayers to send laborers into Nina's life. She has been talking to Emily, Martina, Adela, myself, and my sister. Please pray that God would begin to send laborers from her hometown - Brno. Also, please pray for Nina and her mother. They are going on vacation today, but Nina's mom likes to drink, and when she does she is not someone you want to be around. I don't think I need to go into more detail. Also, Nina says she believes, but is not sure she has fully trusted yet. I think she has acknowledged the truth of the gospel, but it has not become beautiful to her yet (How John Piper puts it). Continue to pray that Christ would manifest Himself to her in prayer, scripture, and life.

2. Tabor camp begins tomorrow: pray for team unity among the 3 teams, that we would be connected to the vine (John 15), not relying on ourselves or others for ministry but on God alone, that our words would be seasoned with salt that we would know how to answer all who ask, for good weather, that there would be a spiritual awakening, a great awakening for Christ at this camp. PRAY BIG!

I love you all. I wish I could share my life in person with you. It is so hard to truly convey or communicate all that is happening. I think I am getting a taste of what Paul may have felt when writing letters. May the peace and joy that passes all understanding fill you through the work of Christ in your life - He lived, died, and rose in victory and reigns in heaven today - rejoice that He has written your name in heaven.

In Christ,

Jonathan

1 comment:

bleedingdaughter said...

everything that God has been doing over there is BLOWING ME AWAY! so awesome. andim thannkful that youve been able to be his hands, feet, mouth and ears. and that weve been able to be a part of it also. im so thankful that God provides so tangibly. i thank him for his continued protection and awesomeness:) im glad to have new bros and sis's.