Wednesday, May 13, 2009

it's all crazy! it's all false! it's all a dream! it's alright

I leave for the Czech in 13 days. I'm in a wedding in 11 days. I move out of my dorm in 2 days. I have my last final in 1 day. It all seems overwhelming. It isn't because I know it isn't, but it seems so sometimes.

It seems like a dream that I leave so soon. I have received some more support. God has provided $7,000+ for this summer, and all of the surplus to likely go for next. I am blown away and humbled and incredibly blessed by the family that has surrounded me in their support. Thank you. I check the updated support on Wednesday and Friday, and I see the growing list of supporters, members of this team, and I am silenced before the grace of God. I do not deserve this grace. I do not deserve a family such as I have, but He in his great mercy and kindness has decided to give such a family to me. You, my brothers and sisters, are a daily reminder of God's grace, of his blessing and faithfulness in my life.

I don't know what to call this section. I don't like "Answers to prayer" because all prayers are answered. Every request is answered with, "No," "wait," or "yes." Maybe I'll call them requests that have been granted:

1. Katherine will be going to the Czech this summer for at least three weeks.
2. Finals have been going well.
3. As stated earlier, financial support continues to come in.

Prayer requests:
1. Please pray that I will be a man of prayer as the internship approaches and throughout it.
2. We may be getting a Czech woman, Martina, on our team this summer. She would be a huge blessing.
3. That I would be diligent in accomplishing what needs to be done and not over commit myself during the time between school ends and when I leave.
4. Please pray for God to provide my sister with enough money to attend Johnson and Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island.
5. Please pray for the believers we will be encouraging and teaching as we travel throughout the Czech this summer. We will be in the cities of Bohumilice, Strakonice, and Tabor.
6. Please pray for the lost we will be preaching the gospel to and building relationships with. Our desire is that many would come to salvation that God may be glorified.
7. Pray that I would get some good solid rest - spiritually and physically

This semester has not been one of great books. The books have all been alright, but this semester has been one of good conversations and excellent lectures from incredibly wise professors. I learned so much in the classroom this year as opposed to the material I read. Sometimes reading here is like drying to drink from a fire hydrant. You don't end up getting that much sometimes and it's difficult and intense and you're all wet and uncomfortable by the end anyway, and it's not even summer, so you're not in a swimsuit partying it up in the hot streets with your friends and some super soakers.

The classroom was a time to soak and to let wisdom wash over me as I and my friends engaged with it intellectually and sometimes verbally. Discussing it outside of class, especially with my roommate, has been a great privilege. We'd talk about all our doctrinal learnings and applicational challenges while we jogged for our jogging fitness elective. Fitness and God...few combinations compare, which may not be true because I don't like jogging, but it's alright with friends, but even then I don't find it that great...maybe this is the false part of the blog. Just give a frisbee and a beach or a grass field and some people, and I'll run all day.

In closing, to give credit where credit is due, the title of this blog comes from the title of mewithoutYou's forthcoming CD release. Go to www.myspace.com/mewithoutyou to listen to three new songs from the album. They're really good.

3 comments:

Christine Armbruster said...

Jonathan-
Sounds like you're about to have an epic time! I am quite jealous! Eastern Europe enchants me. One day I will go. I hope that you are extremely sucessful..actually i know that you will be. So best of luck! And take care!
-Christine

bleedingdaughter said...

it puts my life into perspective when i hear about all that someone else is going through.
i was thinking today how, if i didnt belive in Christ, i wouldve killed myself by now.
living at work is hard.
thank you for showing all that is happening to/about you. it reminds me of Him.
mewithoutyou. YES.

Anonymous said...

Prayin for you this summer. God bless.